Christmas Tree Cones are easy to make, look elegant and minimalist.
The cones that I make are easier, without cutting a circle. If you have all the tools to make a perfect circle, you can use this tutorial.
- 2 poster boards (or cereal boxes for smaller cones)
- 3 gift wrappers
- 3 small ornaments
- Craft knife
- Double-sided tape
- 3 small pine cones (optional)
- Roll poster board into a cone shape. Cut poster board based on your cone size. Apply double-sided tape on one side of the poster board.
- Roll the side of poster board with double-sided tape into cone shape. Don’t worry if the cone doesn’t have a perfect sharp tip. Apply double-sided tape to seal the cone.
- Trim the excess at the bottom end of the cone until it stands straight.
- Measure and cut the gift wrapper enough to cover the poster board cone.
- Apply double-sided tape on one side of the gift wrapper. Stick that side to the poster board cone.
- Roll the gift wrapper until it covers the poster board cone. Again, don’t worry if the cone doesn’t have a perfect sharp tip. Apply double-sided tape to seal the cone. Trim the excess.
- Trim the excess at the bottom of the cone.
- Snip the pointed end of the cone to allow a small topper to sit on.
- Put a small ornament on top of the cone. Mine are gold spray painted berries.
- You may repeat the above steps to make different size cones.